Made by Dyslexia Partnership
ReadSource and The Schenck School are excited to partner with Made by Dyslexia and Microsoft to help educate the public about dyslexia. We are working with technology giant Microsoft and the global charity supported by Sir Richard Branson, Made By Dyslexia, to inform global audiences about dyslexia. Schenck School faculty joined celebrities including Sir Richard Branson, Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom and Maggie Aderin-Pocock to create five Dyslexia Awareness training films. The modules are designed to help teachers and educators understand dyslexia, both its strengths and challenges, gain essential knowledge in how to recognize and support it, and create a dyslexia inclusive classroom.
Since launching in 2017, Made by Dyslexia has strived to help the world properly understand and value dyslexic thinking. Made by Dyslexia Founder, Kate Griggs, recently shared five of the organization’s achievements over the past five years:
- Explained what Dyslexic Thinking is in the Dyslexic Thinking Skills framework
- Added Dyslexic Thinking to the dictionary and got LinkedIn, the world’s largest careers network, to recognize it as a vital skill
- Transformed how dyslexia is seen in the workplace with 3 ground-breaking reports
- Created 2 best-selling books to explain Dyslexic Thinking to the world
- Sparked global change with 3 global events, including the most recent World Dyslexia Assembly at the Swedish Royal Palace
- Created the world’s largest community of dyslexics and their allies
- Trained over 2 million people to spot, support, and empower Dyslexic Thinking
- Inspired parents to push for change
- Galvanized workplaces to empower Dyslexic Thinking
- Helped millions of children to spot their dyslexic strengths
- Created free, online, training – available globally
- Feature dyslexic experts from world-leading schools
- Offer tried & tested methodologies that work for dyslexic children, but are good for all
- Received over 2 million views, from Vietnam to UK, USA to Dubai, Kosovo to UAE
- Made by Dyslexia's 3 reports show that dyslexics have 10/10 skills fast-changing workplaces need, while the skills that dyslexics find challenging are in decline
- Companies no longer see dyslexia as a disability, but as a valuable skillset
- The world’s largest careers platform, LinkedIn, now sees Dyslexic Thinking as a vital skill
- Made by Dyslexia's work has been watched, viewed, shared, liked, or commented on over 100 million times online, helping millions of people.
- Best-selling books THIS is Dyslexia and Xtraordinary People by Made by Dyslexia Founder Kate Griggs, along with their videos and campaigns, have changed how people see dyslexia.
- Kate Griggs' TEDx Talk: The Creative Brilliance of Dyslexia started to redefine dyslexia.
"Dyslexia expert teachers from two world-leading schools are sharing their wisdom and expertise in these modules. Millfield School UK and Schenck School USA are both pioneers in the field of dyslexia and the first schools in their respective countries to successfully support students with dyslexia, with a focus on dyslexic strengths. Made By Dyslexia is a global charity led by a cohort of some successful celebrities and individuals with dyslexia who support the charity by contributing their insights."
"Imagine a world where people with Dyslexia are educated in a way that supports them. It means anything is possible... ANYTHING is possible."
Dyslexia Awareness Training Films
Module One: An Introduction to Dyslexia
Module Two: The Strength of Dyslexic Thinking
Module Three: The Challenges That Children Encounter In Education
Module Four: Advice On How Teachers Can Create An Inclusive Classroom For All Children
Module Five: How Teachers And Parents Can Identify Dyslexia Early – And How This Can Transform Educational Outcomes
Dyslexia Awareness Courses
Microsoft and Made By Dyslexia have a shared mission to empower every person with dyslexia to reach their potential, and we have partnered to create tools to help make this happen. This course will provide essential insights into dyslexia, which we believe all educators and parents should have.
Microsoft and Made By Dyslexia have a shared mission to empower every person with dyslexia to reach their potential. This course will provide an overview of ways teachers can elevate their practice to scaffold support for students in any content area.