Job Title: Accounting & Operations Manager
Reports To: Managing Director
Payroll Status: Full Time
ReadSource is a non-profit launched by The Schenck School (School) as a means for sharing the reading expertise of the School with others. Our mission is to empower communities to serve struggling readers. We do this through providing training and resources to educators as well as delivering direct services to constituents through community partnership and our organization is growing. This position will support the accounting and operations functions of the organization by completing bookkeeping tasks, producing reports, coordinating user registration, and supporting daily operations.
- Prepare regular financial reports including monthly and year-end financial statements showing budget variances by project as well as monthly and annual Statement of Financial Position.
- Manage accounts payable. Oversee purchasing, invoices, employee expense reports, and records of receipts from all department activities.
- Manage accounts receivable. Prepare and process invoices for services rendered to our customers and partners.
- Coordinate with the Managing Director of ReadSource, School Registrar, School Business Office, and customers to ensure that client contracts are executed and invoiced properly and efficiently.
- Track department budget performance and support the budget process by providing projections based on prior year actuals.
- Support other office duties as assigned.
- Manage and maintain the Teacher Training enrollment process.
- Update class offerings on the ReadSource website and registration software.
- Assist with other logistical needs including scheduling training, reserving training locations, and preparing training materials.
- Maintain class rosters, student records, certificates, and sales statistics.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customer inquiries.
MAIN WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- ReadSource Managing Director
- School Director of Finance
- Development Office
- Teacher Trainers/Instructors
- Customers and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 3+ years of experience in related field
- Proficient in Google Drive, Microsoft Office suite, and QuickBooks
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively through written and verbal communication
Interested candidates should submit a current resume or curriculum vita, cover letter and a professional reference list to Michele Santa Maria, Director of Human Resources.
ReadSource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Schenck School/ReadSource complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Schenck School/ReadSource expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the School’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.