Job Title: Front Desk Representative
Department: Business Office, The Schenck School
Reports To: Director of Finance and Operations
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Payroll Status: Full Time, 12-Month
Revised Date: January 2023
The Front Desk Representative is the “face” of the School to all visitors and creates the first impression of the school that visitors experience. The Front Desk Representative advances the mission of The Schenck School by providing exemplary customer service to parents, students, vendors, faculty and staff. This position serves as the communication hub for the School and is instrumental in the efficient and effective running of the School.
- Keep the front desk tidy and presentable, and stocked with all necessary materials for guests.
- Greet all parents and visitors with a warm, friendly, and professional attitude.
- Answer all incoming calls professionally and accurately, and redirect to appropriate staff members or departments as needed.
- Maintain school security through the School’s visitor check-in and badging system, and observe all School policy in regards to allowing visitors to the classroom areas.
- Observe and report any unusual behavior from visitors or students, unsafe activities, or unusual telephone calls.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail, couriers’ deliveries, and package distribution.
- Manage employee supply closet. Order and stock basic office supplies for all faculty and staff.
- Manage the school’s beverage vendor. Maintain all coffee supplies.
- Provide administrative assistance to members of the administration and staff team, to include filing, expense tracking, mailings, faxes, notary services, and parent communication.
- Have first-hand knowledge of the School’s carpool process and provide daily support in coordinating with staff and parents.
- Maintain student attendance records on a daily basis, and communicate errors or missing information with appropriate administrators and faculty.
- Assist the School Nurse as needed. In the absence of the nurse, treat illnesses and injuries of students, administer medications to students according to physician and parent instructions and maintain treatment records.
- Coordinate coverage for the Front Desk for daily breaks and lunches.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Services or by the Head of School.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior school-related experience is a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands, and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally to supervisors, peers, parents, teachers, vendors, and all visitors.
MAIN WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Parents, students, vendors, faculty, and staff
Salary is commensurate with experience. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package is available to the successful candidate.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Michele Santa Maria, Director of Human Resources, at [email protected].
The Schenck School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Schenck School complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Schenck School expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the School’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.